The spread of COVID-19 has affected us in many ways. Now, we are spending our time quite differently as compared to older times. As most of the people are working from home, they don’t have to travel to their office. We have changed in so many ways and most of the changes have made us stay at home. Due to such a situation, people are saving a lot of time daily.
This is a nice opportunity for those who want to be more productive. I have found that most of the people look at productivity quite differently. People think that if they are busy the whole day and working for more than one person simultaneously, they are productive. But, this is not the real definition of being productive. Being productive means you are having enough time to work in improving your skills which in turn will open up new opportunities for you. In such a situation, you have enough time to work on the things that can make you different from others.
You should spend your extra time on these things:
As everyone in this world has the same amount of time. You have to utilize your time differently for better growth as compared to others. These are the things that you should spend your time on:
- Self-care: Of course you may get flattered by seeing extra time in your hands but there are a lot of things that you can do with it. Whenever you have some time, you should work on improving yourself and improvement doesn’t only mean an increase in your salary. You should work on ways to reduce your stress. If you are stable mentally, you will be far more efficient than the others. If you are confused about it, you can check some courses offered on FutureLearn. There are plenty of courses related to your mental health.
- Acquire new skills:
- A lot of people think that acquiring new skills requires a lot of time. But the case is very different now. There are a lot of courses that are being online. These courses are specifically based on the demands of present-day industries and can be completed in a short span of time. You can go to SEEK Learning, Coursera, etc. for such courses.
- Though you may not get an instantaneous answer about which skill you need right now, you don’t have to avoid this question. Think about it constantly and very carefully. Once you make your mind, go for it.
- If you want to switch to a different career, you should have proper transferable skills.
- Stay connected with your colleagues and other important people:
- Since we have lost our habit of social interactions in conventional ways. So, you have to make sure that you are connected with all the important persons. Don’t hesitate in connecting with even your previous co-workers.
Life is getting very busy day by day. But you should keep in mind that bigger achievements don’t come suddenly. What seems as big to you is a contribution of several small things. So, whenever you have time, you should not avoid taking smaller steps. These smaller steps will prove to be very beneficial in long run.