The number of students who graduate every year is in millions. But a study suggests that only 3 percent of those graduates are good enough to get a job. In this blog, we will talk about some key points that would make you suitable enough for getting a job. Certain things are lacking in most of the aspirants. Go through this blog carefully to get an idea about that.
So, any student studying at some graduation college will want to become one of those 3 percent who makes it to the job. As per the report of the Australian Association of Graduate Employers, there are about 33 applications for one job after graduation.
Most of the people know that the majority of the employers see academics at first and then they will look for qualities like leadership and others. But there are some other things as well which matter. Take a look at the list below:
1. Communication skills:
- About 90% of employers think it is the most important skill of an employee. The communication skill comprises of elements like transfer of feedback to and from someone, ability to listen, and understand what someone is saying, skill to present some idea. But one thing you should keep in mind that communication skills alone can’t help you get a job.
2. Ability to work in a team:
- Having good team-work abilities is very crucial for working in an organization. To be good at it, you need to have better communication skills, able to avoid conflicts and if conflicts arise, you should be able to resolve them quickly, the ability to decide a goal and make a roadmap to achieve it, etc. This quality is usually found in most of the candidates but you should always try to be good at it day by day. You should care about it even if you are going for an internship like accounting training, tax training etc.
3. Prior knowledge of the organization where you have applied for the job:
- There are many companies that prefer employees who have better information before getting a job there. This quality is necessary because the employers believe that having good knowledge about the industry before getting a job will make you more suitable for that job and you will need less time to adapt to that working environment. Here are some ways you can know more about your employers:
- Go to the official website of that company and read carefully about everything that you find there.
- Try to get some information about the projects completed by that company.
- Take a look at the challenges that your company is facing right now.
4. Emotional skills:
- It is also regarded as one of the important skills for getting a job. Having better emotional skills means that you have control over your emotion which eventually will lead you to control the emotions of those who are working around you. Any employer wants their employees to be good psychologically for better performance that is why emotional skills play a role in getting you a good job.
5. Your awareness about commerce:
- One thing you should always make sure that any firm runs for-profit and that profit is measured in terms of money. Commercial awareness plays an important role in understanding the financial situation of your company and those who are associated with it. This will make you able to assist your company in taking strategic decisions.
After all these, you should keep in mind that certain qualities can make you stand apart from others no matter where you are. Patience plays a very important role in getting you out of trouble in most of cases. In the same way, if you are resilient, you will get well after some failure very quickly. The most important thing in your life is to keep your mind in a stable state all the time. You can very easily do it if you are resilient.
If you are living in Melbourne, there is no need to worry much about getting a good job because this city is full of opportunities. There are several institutes that are well- known for providing the best accounting training in Melbourne, best tax training in Melbourne, etc.
Whenever you think you are in a situation where the road ahead is not visible, Accounts NextGen is there for your help. Our main motto is to provide the customers with authentic and most relevant information. Visit our official site for more information.